Sunday, February 26, 2006

2. Rip my entire CD collection to mp3 format


WOW time consuming. The thing that really sucked about this one, though, is that the first program I was using to rip the audio tracks, Audiograbber, spontaneously changed the bitrate it was converting to, from my preferred 192 to a paltry 56. And I didn't actually notice this, until I was down to my last five or six CDs. As a result, I essentially had to rip almost every CD twice. That was good times. I ended up swapping to another program, CDex, was far superior. Aside from actually ripping everything at the proper bitrate, it also worked about twice as fast as nasty ol' Audiograbber.

Aside from the CDs, I've also whipped up an entire database for my comic books, and they've not only been entirely catalogued, I've got them sorted into the "keep/not keep" boxes. The only catch is, the sell/donate 75% part of #86 may have been unrealistic; my "not keep" books have gotten up to about 55%. To do any more than that, I'd have to actually get rid of books I actively like and want to keep. So since the idea for the 101 lists is to stretch, but not actively punish myself, I'll probably make one more pass through the "keep" books and call it good at that.

6 Comments:

At 2/26/2006 2:40 PM, Blogger PalinDrome said...

Dude the answer to your problem is to buy MORE comics!!! But make sure they are crap so you can get that Percentage up.

 
At 2/26/2006 4:54 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Thank you for your advice, kind sir. Another option would be this: you give me a couple long boxes out of your basement, out of the goodness of your heart, and I could then sell or donate those to pad my percentage.

 
At 2/28/2006 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or, you can both buy more comics, then sell, trade, donate amongst yourselves to up your percentages, and the Comic Stop totally wins! :)

 
At 2/28/2006 5:06 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Geez, I can't imagine who "Anonymous" is. Whooooooo could it beeeeee?

 
At 3/01/2006 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very mysterious. You should make people log in, that way, you can keep tabs and not have to wonder. :)

 
At 3/02/2006 11:20 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Yeah, I'm really not wondering. But thanks, Jorge. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home