Sunday, December 18, 2005

33. Bring Krispy Kreme doughnuts for my staff on a busy day


Done, and done. I left home a bit early today to make a pilgrimage down to Krispy Kreme, and picked up 3 dozen doughnuts for my staff today. 2 dozen glazed, one dozen assorted. Unfortunately, my life wanted to try to unfold not unlike a sitcom today.

See, there was really only one doughnut out of all 36 that I really wanted. I'm all about that custard-filled, chocolate-coated one. Mmmmm, good. So when I got to work and offered up the doughnuts to my staff, it was with the one caveat that that doughnut was mine; all others were fair game. To mark this doughnut out, and to symbolize its importance, I even cut off a piece of my soda's straw and dramatically stuck this straw piece in the doughnut, so clearly people could not "accidentally" eat my doughnut. My doughnut!

It became something of a running joke, with my assistant manager attempting to bribe people to eat the doughnut in question. Threats of "oops I accidentally licked the frosting of your doughnut!" were met with nothing but a steely glare. My doughnut!

Alas, however, I had a staff member that started after all this drama. And as though all this doughnut-related melodrama was nothing but dramatic foreshadowing, when I sent her off the floor to take 5 minutes and enjoy a complimentary doughnut, she of course ate my doughnut. Go fig.

All I wanted was my doughnut. Is that really so much to ask in life? Ah well, at least I got to cross something off the list. But really, couldn't I have been able to cross it off the list and have my doughnut? Sigh.

1 Comments:

At 12/29/2005 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been in that situation (never used the straw though) and I've learned to get extra everything just to make sure no one goes home unhappy..especially me..lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home