Thursday, January 05, 2006

20. Make a list of my 101 favorite movies


This was perilously easy, actually. I've been Netflixing long enough, and they give you the ability to rate movies you've seen. After about 6 or 7 years, it seems like I have virtually every movie I've seen, listed on there with my rating. I feel kind of like I cheated, 'cause I just surfed down the list of everything I've rated 4-5 stars, and picked out 101 of 'em. In the case of series of film (LOTR, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc), a series of films only qualifies for a single listing. And I didn't want it to take up a huge amount of space on the page, so I just put 'em in paragraph form. At least, until/unless I can figure out how to accomplish the same thing over here, as a livejournal cut. Anyway, without further ado, and in no particular order (well, I guess technically in alphabetical order):

The Abyss, Army of Darkness, Back to the Future, Batman (1989), Batman Begins, Battle Royale, Better Off Dead, Big Fish, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, The Blues Brothers, Bound, The Bourne Identity, Bowling for Columbine, Clerks, Clue, Dark City, Dead Again, The Dish, Donnie Darko, Drop Dead Gorgeous, The Emperor's New Groove, Equilibrium, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Fifth Element, Fight Club, Four Rooms, Frequency, The Frighteners, Garden State, Ghostbusters, Goldfinger, Good Will Hunting, The Great Escape, Grosse Pointe Blank, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, Harry Potter, Hero, Highlander, The Hunt for Red October, Idle Hands, Indiana Jones, The Iron Giant, It's A Wonderful Life, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Kill Bill, The Last Starfighter, The Last Supper, Leon: The Professional, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Lord of the Rings, Lost in Translation, Master and Commander, The Matrix, Memento, The Mummy (1999), Mystery Men, The Nightmare Before Christmas, October Sky, Office Space, Old School, Out of Sight, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Princess Bride, Princess Mononoke, Radioland Murders, Rashomon, Rear Window, The Rock, Rudy, Run Lola Run, Rushmore, School of Rock, Shaun of the Dead, Shawshank Redemption, Sneakers, Sound of Music, Spider-Man, Stand By Me, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Wars, Stargate, Supercop, Superman II, Swingers, The Tao of Steve, Terminator 2, Thirteen Days, Titan A.E., To Kill A Mockingbird, Trainspotting, The Truman Show, 12 Monkeys, The Usual Suspects, Van Wilder, Vanilla Sky, Waking Ned Devine, Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, Weird Science, Whale Rider, Yojimbo, Zero Effect

3 Comments:

At 1/05/2006 9:32 PM, Blogger Peach said...

Nice list :) but Im waiting to see number 10 pop up completed :P

 
At 1/06/2006 7:46 AM, Blogger jen said...

I'm putting "watch Jim's 101 favorite movies" on my list ;P

who needs the IMDB top whatever?

 
At 1/28/2006 7:51 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Some very watchable movies there, even if you didn't quite get them all right. I hope you realise we're all going to have to copy you now. Or is that just me? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home